When it is time for a new lock or key, you may have options. Sometimes, a locks change is needed while other times a locks re-key is sufficient. Why do you need to rekey your locks? Generally speaking, if the lock’s hardware is in good working order, it is most likely a candidate for rekeying. A qualified locksmith technician is able to examine the lock and recommend whether or not you will be able to re-key your locks.
Unless a lock is malfunctioning or has been damaged to compromise its integrity, many locks are able to be rekeyed. Rekeying saves you a lot of money. When you re-key a lock, the locksmith removes the inner workings of the lock which includes the pins and the springs inside the lock cylinder. These parts are replaced with new pins and springs that work with a new and different key.
Rekeying Locks is often selected over changing the lock because it is a less expensive option and can be done quickly. If your locks are in good shape there is no reason to replace them, rekey is a great option!
Following are some of the most common instances in which a rekey service is the best way to go:
- Move Into a Previously Occupied Apartment
- Revamping a former master key system where potentially several people may have access to your locks, depending on how complex the master key system was designed.
- Going through a life change where your safety is in question, such as a divorce or a roommate leaving in anger.
- After you fired an employee who had a key to your business
- A break-in or attempted break-in
- Break-ins reported in the area
- You have lost your keys and are not sure whose hands they will end up in
- You have more then one key, you can match all of your locks to one same key
Duplicate keys for your property are out there…
One of the most common reasons as to why do you need to rekey your locks is to maintain key control, This is especially important if you have recently moved into a new place where duplicate keys are in the hands of the previous occupant and strangers. It is also important if there has been an attempted break-in, and you need the peace of mind and security knowing that the key in your hand is the only key that will open your door.
Rekeying Locks Service
To re-key your locks, it’s best to call upon the help of a professional who can get the job done well the first time. Locksmiths are trained to do far more than open locks when you’re locked outside. Most locksmiths are also well versed in the services of rekeying. Ask a qualified locksmith, Why do you need to rekey your locks. Once the professional locksmith determines that re-keying would better serve your needs, it’s time to get started. Feel free to call Mesa Locksmith 24 anytime with any question or request about rekeying locks services.